Chaos is accentuated in a fast-paced work environment.
Yet juggling multiple balls can be positive, with minimal negatives.
1. To minimize chaos in your job:
- Prevent duplicated work, scrap and rework
- Simplify work flows and hand-offs
- Align your efforts with your stakeholders' care-abouts
- Get clarity on requests and commitments
- Emphasize follow-through
2. To minimize chaos in your department:
- Rally around something customers care about
- Be consistent
- Identify next steps in every meeting and conversation
- Review the previous meeting's "next steps" at the start of every meeting
- Make decision rationale transparent
- Provide strategic context for all efforts
- Foster collaboration
- Streamline work flows
- Design-in silo-bridging in all efforts
Whatever your role in Marketing is, minimizing chaos is essential.
- Mastering these techniques is easier said than done!
- Figuring it out is a never-ending battle.
- Spurring your whole department's chaos reduction is even harder.
That's life as we've known it to-date.
Now, with the Marketing Future Forum:
- Master these techniques in small bites of time, while waiting for everyday things.
- Make mini plans for same-day application and experimentation.
- Peers quickly see the value by seeing how the idea fits their situation.
Now you can rapidly build collective capability for minimizing chaos.