Silos are chasms that stand in the way of marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
Bridge silos to develop accountability, alignment, and agility strengths.
1. Silos are the crux of chaos and dissatisfaction:
- Organizational silos
- Data silos
- System silos
- Channel silos
- Process silos
- Assumption silos
- Goal silos
- Metric silos
- Handoff silos
- And more!
2. Silos are two-sided:
- Constructive aspects of silos = variety, ownership, specialization
- Destructive aspects of silos = redundancy, chaos, finger-pointing
3. The Forum solves Accountability silos, such as:
- Urgent issues always taking precedence over strategic issues
- Budget allocation based on random criteria
- Struggles to identify cause-and-effect and underlying issues
4. The Forum solves Alignment silos, such as:
- Untimely identification of what the customer is doing, to act upon it
- Gaps in becoming a trusted advisor to Finance for forecasting and funding decisions
- Unclear ownership up and down the technology stack
5. The Forum solves Agility silos, such as:
- Lack of data visibility between campaign, sale, and retention
- Unknown patterns across channels throughout customer engagement
Whatever your role is, standing out from the crowd is essential.
- Mastering these techniques is easier said than done!
- Figuring it out is a never-ending battle.
- Spurring your whole department's nimbleness is even harder.
That's life as we've known it to-date.
Now, with the Marketing Future Forum:
- Master these techniques in small bites of time, while waiting for everyday things.
- Make mini plans for same-day application and experimentation.
- Peers quickly see the value by seeing how the idea fits their situation.
Now you can rapidly build collective capability for organizational agility.