Stakeholders depend on you, and you depend on them.
Your stakeholders are customers, alliance partners, channel partners, agencies, media, influencers, suppliers, other departments, and others within Marketing.
You succeed to the degree you're "on the same page".
1. To get on the same page with customers:
- See the world the way they do
- Match your outreach to their preferences
- Demonstrate your interest in their long-term well-being
- Put what's best for them at the heart of your decisions and actions
- Be their advocate
2. To get on the same page with other stakeholders:
- See what's in it for them
- Speak their language
- Clarify their assumptions and yours
- Understand their aspirations and roadblocks
- Match your outreach to their rituals
- Make it simple for them to work with you
- Maintain a win-win approach
- Streamline your mutual work flows
- Ensure each party makes smooth hand-offs
- Show gratitude even during lulls
Whatever your role in Marketing is, syncing with stakeholders is essential.
- Mastering these techniques is easier said than done!
- Figuring it out is a never-ending battle.
- Building your whole department's syncing capability is even harder.
That's life as we've known it to-date.
Now, with the Marketing Future Forum:
- Master these techniques in small bites of time, while waiting for everyday things.
- Make mini plans for same-day application and experimentation.
- Peers quickly see the value by seeing how the idea fits their situation.
Now you can rapidly build collective capability for syncing with stakeholders.